Tuesday, May 03, 2005


My friend Jean-Manuel will say I take too many "postcard" pictures but I don't care, I just love this one! I took it yesterday evening on my way back from my father's. The two buildings on the left and right are part of the Trocadero, a palace located on the Chaillot hill and originally constructed by Napoleon for his son.
The nowaday Trocadero - that you can see on the picture now - was built for the world's fair in 1889. It hosts two museums - marine and man and offers in its center the most beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower of Paris. To be frank, I have been living in Paris for many years now and I very rarely - I am talking VERY rarely - stop here to look at the scenery. Though it's really magnificent.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I should admit that would make a great postcard! Very good picture indeed. And there is the story that goes with it.. So it can't be any better.

    BTW, could someone give me an update on the plazza from which this picture was taken? Last time I came, it was a total mess (few years ago).

    JM-

    ReplyDelete
  2. > Megan. Bonjour (I see your French is improving!) Thanx for the compliments I am sure you will shoot marvelous pictures when you're here. In fact it is pretty easy: just hand out your camera almost anywhere and press the trigger!! Looking forward to greeting you.

    > Smadi. Merci, mais je ne suis pas étranger!! Je suis un vrai Parisien ; je suis né à Paris, j'adore ma ville, et c'est pour ça que j'aime la faire partager. Et je vais continuer !!

    > Jean-Manuel. LOL. The plazza is neat now. The other night when I took this picture, it was full of tourists (I must say the view is really fantastic) and the air was so warm I felt like a summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, penser que tu es un etranger, je trouve que c'est un joli compliment. Ca prouve que, bien qu'habitant Paris depuis toujours, tu peux encore avoir un regard neuf sur la ville. Bravo.

    JM-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carte postale peut-ere mais on s'en fiche ..Paris c'est beau , y'a rien à rajouter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Hardcore torture stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. skype cordless phone




    Hi, great blog by the way - didn't think you'd mind me posting this anonymously - as you do allow anonymous posts ;-).

    Anyone tried this Skype program yet for free telephone calls over the internet? A guy at work uses it all the time and because he signed all his friends and relatives up he saves a fortune on his calls. Might be worth a go.

    Good luck with the blog






    .

    ReplyDelete